Which socialization practices seem to play a role in male-to-female intimate partner violence (MFIPV)? What is the role of humiliation and control as the most prevalent in MFIPV?
- How much of a problem is Female-to-Male-Intimate-Partner-Violence (FMIPV) and describe possible causes of FMIPV?
- Define the following three theories: traumatic bonding, Stockholm syndrome, and attachment. How do these theories explain an IPV victim’s entrapment in the relationship?
- What approach to counseling batterers do you believe is most ? Why? Which approach do you find least acceptable? Why?
- What elder abuse problems and responses occur in nursing homes in the United States? What innovative ideas do you have about special programs that might diminish elder abuse?
- Discuss the role of alcohol or drugs in male IPV.
- What are some of the treatment needs specific for military personnel and rural women facing IPV?
- Explain the complicated relationship between Intimate Partner Violence and Lifetime .
- Now that you have taken this course, would your actions for intervening, on behalf of a victim change, remain the same or are you apathetic to their plight?
- How does COVID-19 affect individuals suffering from trauma? Should COVID 19 be considered a traumatic event?