Is this cartoon(attached below) fallacious or not? If so, what type of fallacy do you claim is represented?
Part 2: Answer the questions below:
1. Select one of the deductive arguments given in the opening Discovery Exercise (pages 328-329) and explain why it seems to be based on good reasoning or not.
2. What is Deductive reasoning?
3. What is a syllogism? Give an example of a syllogism with a major premise, minor premise, and a conclusion.
4. What is validity? What is soundness? How do these influence arguments?
5. Complete the Discovery Exercise on pages 337-338
6. What are three reasons why casting arguments into syllogisms makes it easier for us to analyze them critically?
7. Explain the primary differences between inductive and deductive reasoning.