In this activity, we explore what the Bible has to say about safety. states, “Peace be within your walls and security within your towers” (ESV). The writing of Psalms is generally attributed to King David in ancient Israel. The verse is referring to a city, Jerusalem. This is very clearly indicating a physical threat, possibly a surrounding unfriendly nation or group of people. However, threats may come from a variety of attackers and in many forms. says, “Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you” (NIV).
- Review the material in the Background Information, including the specific Bible passages.
- Be sure to address the following prompts in your paper:
- In the context of our world today, and particularly technology, where are today’s threats likely to come from?
- Security is “within your towers,” so how can we work to assure that “peace,” or security?
- Considering your cultural/religious background, what is your personal view regarding God protecting us humans? Explain your opinion and provide examples if possible.
- Your paper should be 250 words in length.