I’m working on a health & medical discussion question and need an explanation to help me study.
Watch at least 60 minutes of TV, focusing on the depiction of older adults. Analyze and discuss TV programming in the context of at least two of the following:
- Portrayal of elderly characters
- Intergenerational themes
- Conflict in relation to the older population
- Aging stereotypes or myths
- Cultural diversity in relation to quality of care
Discuss your own philosophy of aging.
- When do you think a person becomes elderly?
- What do you think of older people?
- Are they active, senile, debilitated, etc.?
- Provide a description of an elderly person that you know.