Unit 4 Assessment – Research Article Intervention Effectiveness
· The next step in the process is to identify evidence that your intervention, your “I” in your PICO question, is supported in the literature.
· Based on the PICO question you picked in the Unit 2 Assignment, find a about the intervention (not the problem) related to the problem identified.
· Do not use a website to find research articles.
· Use the Library tab’s databases.
· You will need to use the search techniques you learned in Unit 2, the library tutorial assignment for Unit 1, and the article that was linked to in the Unit 2 assignment.
· Use the keywords that you identified for “intervention” in your Unit 2 . These are your search terms.
· Directions for Search:
· In CINAHL, using the library tab directions from a previous assignment, put those keywords in the search box.
· Further narrow your search by using the search options for full text and evidence-based practice.
· Use the search box “Publication Type” and choose “Randomized Controlled Trial.”
These are just suggestions. Experimenting with these search boxes will give you different results. This is to help you refine your search technique. The techniques are similar in Ovid and Proquest.
· The article you pick needs to be a research study with an experimental or quasi-experimental design. It should be five (5) years old or less. See Topics 1 – 4 in the Unit 4 readings about these designs.
· Please complete the attached file below. Try to submit early in the week. Your instructor will let you know if this is an appropriate article. If it is not, you will need to resubmit as many times as it takes for you to find one. By Sunday night you should have submitted and received confirmation that your techniques produced an article appropriate to use for the Unit 6 assignment.
· Submit both the table and the article to the submission link
· The instructor will put feedback in the grade center indicating if the article is correct or if more searching is needed.
· You will need this article for the Unit 6 .
Please review the rubric to ensure that your assignment meets criteria
Estimated time to complete: 4 hours
NSG324 Research Article Rubric
|NSG324 Research Article Rubric|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCompleted Table||70 pts Level 5 Table is fully completed with relevant information about the problem. 56 pts Level 4 Table has 1-2 missing elements. 42 pts Level 3 Table is missing 3-4 required elements. 28 pts Level 2 Table is very incomplete and/or incorrect. 0 pts Level 0 Table was not submitted||70 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSupporting Article||30 pts Level 5 A highly accurate and relevant article was presented as supporting documentation for the selected question. 24 pts Level 4 An accurate and relevant article was presented as supporting documentation for the selected question. 18 pts Level 3 A somewhat relevant article was presented as supporting documentation for the selected question. 12 pts Level 2 A somewhat irrelevant article was presented as supporting documentation for the selected question. 0 pts Level 0 An appropriate article was not presented.||30 pts|
|Total Points: 100|