For this Module 2 Portfolio Project Milestone, you must draft the framework of the paper for the option you selected (Option #1: Honicker Corporation
Section 1: Principle Components Discussion
Section 2: Simulation Analysis for Scenario A
Section 3: Case Study Analysis based on the Honicker Corporation case study (Kerzner, 2017, pp. 753-755). This draft must be a properly organized CSU Global formatted paper with the following key elements:
- Cover page with designation of Portfolio Project option clearly designated.
- Paper title with designation of Portfolio Project option clearly designated.
- Introduction to include, as complete as possible, a brief descriptive overview of the Portfolio Project and a brief preface of your essay paper (one to three paragraphs).
- Main body of your essay paper with APA style section level 1 headings for
o Section 1: Principle Components Discussion
For the first three “Section 1: Principle Components” bullet items, include a brief, yet substantive, synopsis of each item (typically, one to two paragraphs for each subsection level-2 bullet item):
- Project, Program, and Portfolio Management distinction;
- Project Selection; and,
- Project Charter.
Additionally, develop a basic 1- to 2-page Project Charter template (merely a blank form) based on the PMBOK® Guide (6th ed.) that could be used for small-to-medium size projects in a global organization. The intent is to demonstrate your comprehension of the components necessary for an effective project charter. Include your Project Charter template as an appendix in your paper
Note: All other section headers merely serve as place holders for future substantive content.
o Section 2: Simulation Scenario Analysis o Section 3: Case Study Analysis.Include APA style section level 2 headings for bullet items or key elements within each main section.
- Conclusion (No content is required for the conclusion section of the Milestone assignment; it is merely a placeholder for now. You will complete this section in future Portfolio Milestones).
- Reference page(s) listing appropriate references cited; a minimum of three are required for this milestone submission, which may include the course textbook, the PMBOK® Guide, and designated readings in addition to your research. The CSU Global library is a good place to locate these resources, and the Project Management Resources Guide (Links to an external site.) is a great place to start.
The written section of the draft should comply with the (Links to an external site.). Consult the Sample Paper (Links to an external site.) template for more information on how to organize the paper and review the rubric available for specific grading criteria.