PRAC 6645 WK 11 essay
Assignment: Journal Entry
Photo Credit: Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay
Critical reflection on your growth and development during your practicum experience in a clinical setting helps you identify opportunities for improvement in your clinical skills, while also recognizing your strengths and successes.
Use this Journal to reflect on your clinical strengths and opportunities for , the progress you made, and what insights you will carry forward into your next practicum.
· Refer to the “Population-Focused Nurse Practitioner Competencies” found in the Week 1 Learning Resources and consider the quality measures or indicators advanced nursing practice nurses must possess in your specialty of interest.
· Refer to your “Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form” you submitted in Week 1 and consider your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
· Refer to your Patient Log in Meditrek and consider the patient activities you have experienced in your practicum experience and reflect on your observations and experiences.
In 450–500 words, address the following:
Learning From Experiences
· Revisit the goals and objectives from your Practicum . Explain the degree to which you achieved each during the practicum experience.
· Reflect on the three most challenging patients you encountered during the experience. What was most challenging about each?
· What did you learn from this experience?
· What resources were available?
· What evidence-based practice did you use for the patients?
· What would you do differently?
· How are you managing patient flow and volume?
Communicating and Feedback
· Reflect on how you might improve your skills and knowledge and how to communicate those efforts to your Preceptor.
· Answer the questions: How am I doing? What is missing?
· Reflect on the formal and informal feedback you received from your Preceptor.