· Refer to the “Population-Focused Nurse Practitioner Competencies” found in the Week 1 Learning Resources and consider the quality measures or indicators advanced nursing practice must possess in your specialty of interest.
· Refer to your “Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form” you submitted in Week 1 and consider your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
· Refer to your Patient Log in Meditrek and consider the patient activities you have experienced in your practicum experience and reflect on your observations and experiences.
In 450–500 words, address the following:
Learning From Experiences
· Revisit the goals and objectives from your Practicum Experience Plan. Explain the degree to which you achieved each during the practicum experience.
· Reflect on the three most challenging patients you encountered during the . What was most challenging about each?
· What did you learn from this experience?
· What resources were available?
· What evidence-based practice did you use for the patients?
· What would you do differently?
· How are you managing patient flow and volume?
Communicating and Feedback
· Reflect on how you might improve your skills and knowledge and how to communicate those efforts to your Preceptor.
· Answer the questions: How am I doing? What is missing?
· Reflect on the formal and informal feedback you received from your Preceptor.
|Assimilation and Synthesis: Content Reflection||45 (45%) – 50 (50%) Reflection demonstrates a high level of critical thinking in applying and integrating key course concepts and theories from readings, lectures, and/or experiences. Insightful and relevant connections are made through contextual explanations and examples.||40 (40%) – 44 (44%) Reflection demonstrates moderate level of critical thinking in applying and integrating key course concepts and theories from readings, lectures, and/or experiences. Connections are made through explanations and/or examples.||35 (35%) – 39 (39%) Reflection demonstrates minimal critical thinking in applying and integrating key course concepts and from readings, lectures, and/or experiences. Minimal connections made through explanations and/or examples.||0 (0%) – 34 (34%) Reflection lacks critical thinking. Superficial connections are made with key course concepts and resources, and/or assignments.|
|Assimilation and Synthesis: Personal Growth||27 (27%) – 30 (30%) Expresses solid evidence of reflection on own work. Demonstrates substantial personal growth and awareness of deeper meaning through inferences, well developed insights, and significant depth in awareness and challenges. Synthesizes current experience into future implications.||24 (24%) – 26 (26%) Expresses moderate evidence of reflection on own work. Demonstrates satisfactory personal growth and awareness through some inferences, insights, and challenges. There is mention of the future implications of student’s current experience.||21 (21%) – 23 (23%) Expresses minimal evidence of reflection on own work. Demonstrates less than adequate personal growth and awareness through limited or simplistic inferences made, insights, and/or challenges that are not well developed. Minimal thought of future implications of student’s current experience.||0 (0%) – 20 (20%) Expresses inadequate evidence of reflection on own work. Personal growth and awareness are not evident and/or demonstrate an impersonal experience. Lacks personal insights, challenges, inferences, and/or future implications are overlooked.|
|Written Expression and Formatting||14 (14%) – 15 (15%) Well written and clearly organized using standard English, characterized by elements of a strong writing style and basically free from grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling errors.||12 (12%) – 13 (13%) Above average writing style and logically organized using standard English with minor errors in grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling.||11 (11%) – 11 (11%) Average writing style that is sometimes unclear and/or with some errors in grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling.||0 (0%) – 10 (10%) Poor writing style lacking in standard English, clarity, language used, and/or frequent errors in grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling. Needs work.|
|APA||5 (5%) – 5 (5%) Contains no APA errors.||4 (4%) – 4 (4%) Contains one to two (1–2) APA errors.||3.5 (3.5%) – 3.5 (3.5%) Contains three to five (3–5) APA errors.||0 (0%) – 2 (2%) Contains more than five (>5) APA errors.|
|Total Points: 100|