S01 Introduction to Psychology I
Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling, and grammar. must be cited in APA format. Your response should be double‐spaced; refer to the “Format Requirementsʺ page for specific format requirements.
Part I: Describe the three psychological dimensions of vision.
For Part II: of the written assignment, explain why the following course objectives are important to understanding psychology:
- Define circadian rhythms and explain how the body’s “biological clock” works and what happens when it doesn’t.
- Distinguish between the basic processes of sensation and perception, explain how the doctrine
- of specific nerve energies applies to perception, and discuss how synesthesia contributes to our understanding of sensory modalities.
- Describe the basic principles of classical conditioning, including the extinction and recovery of a classically conditioned response, how higher-order conditioning takes place, and the process of stimulus generalization and discrimination.
- Compare social norms and social roles, and note how each contributes to the social rules that govern a culture.
Please reference and include at least three scholarly articles within your response. The minimum word count should be 750 words. Overall response should be formatted according to APA style, with the total assignment between three to six pages, pages not including title page and reference page.