MALIGNANT HYPERTHERMIA GUIDED CASE STUDY
Please watch the following videos for Malignant Hyperthermia. The last video is for this Guided Case Study.
· Malignant Hyperthermia- Everything You Need to Know- Dr. Nabil Ebraheim (5:51)
· Malignant Hyperthermia- Education (5:10)
· Malignant Hyperthermia Crisis Simulation (5:21)
· Mixing of Dantrolene (4:45)
- What is the patient’s past medical history?
- Is there anything in his past that puts this patient at risk?
- What are the triggering agents/medications for MH?
- What are some of the signs and symptoms of MH?
- What are some of the differential diagnoses to consider?
- What was the first indicator that MH is occurring?
- How is MH managed?
- This patient weighs 70 kg. How much of the desired medication should he receive? How many vials?
- Be prepared to discuss this patient in the debriefing session.
- Complete these answers, submit to the drop box.
- Complete a drug card on the medication used in this scenario (attached)
Mechanism of Action
Why is this
relevant to this ?
How do you administer this medication?
Drug-Specific Nutritional Education
Drug-Specific Patient Education