- Thursday, May 13. Absolutely no late projects will be accepted. (Post as early as possible so that any issues can be addressed before it’s too late.)
Choose a song from that is at least 25 years old. This means the song can be from any year from 1840 through 1996. Make a presentation that explores the song’s creation, history, and/or significance. You can whatever you wish, but here are some questions to guide you:
- How does the song capture or express what was happening the year it came out?
- Does the song have personal value to you?
- Does the song have a contemporary counterpart?
- In what ways is it catchy, emotional, or inspiring?
- What makes it stand the test of time?
- Is it humorous or offensive in any way?
- How did the song impact the artist’s career?
- Could the song provide comfort or inspiration today?
Your presentation can utilize PowerPoint or Prezi; it can include a voiceover, but this is optional. (If there is another presentation platform that is comparable to these, you can use it, but do a test run to make sure it’s compatible with Eagle Online/Canvas first). Your presentation should have good , and text written by you. You don’t have to do a complex, elaborate presentation, but use your own words and be insightful; don’t just copy and paste from Wikipedia or other websites. Offer your own perspective to keep things engaging.
- Your presentation should contain at least five slides and 500 words.
- You’ll have to do some research on your chosen song. Make sure to list the sources you pull from at the end of your presentation to avoid .
- No peer response is required for this assignment.