Read Chapter 2:
1. Give an example of climate change as a social justice issue from your experiences.
2. What is climate justice? What responsibilities does it entail?
3. Why do the vulnerable lose more when disaster strikes? Provide some concrete examples.
Read Chapter 6:
1. How have Latin American cities been so successful at tackling problems of climate change while reducing social disparity?
2. What are some of the social barriers of technology transfer?
3. What does it mean to take an “integral” approach to tackling climate change? What are the benefits and difficulties of such an approach?
Read Chapter 5:
1. How is social movement leadership defined? Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
2. In social movements, what is perceived as success? How might this differ from technology’s definition of success?