CRJU 2050 – Criminal Procedure
You must complete any of the one of the listed below in order to complete your project requirement for CRJU 2050.
All assignments (with the exception of Option 2) are required to be completed in APA format. This is to include 1” margins, 12 point font, and double spacing. Where applicable, each will be graded based on the theoretical content (clarity in which you present the theory and apply it), innovativeness (developing insights and new thoughts), grammar, spelling and punctuation, content, and clarity. Information on the APA format can be found at http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
PLAGARISM IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN!
It is a given that you should put forth a superior quality to ensure a high grade. WARNING: In the past, students have procrastinated on assignments. Problems will arise (such as typing the paper and electricity goes out causing you to lose work, sick, flat tire, etc.) so be prepared in advance. You are responsible for turning in your assignment on the due date.
The following questions will be asked when determining a for homework assignments:
· How much effort was put forth?
· Is the content what is expected?
· Is the work college level?
• Is the paper/project plagiarized? (if so, it constitutes a zero and possible termination from the class and program).
• Does the paper/project address the topic or assignment?
• Does the paper/project contain factual errors?
• Does the paper/project follow directions and include all ?
• Is the paper/project well organized?
• Is the paper free from mechanical errors?
· Is the paper/project neat in appearance?
• Do the conclusions flow logically from the body of the report?
• Is the paper/project properly referenced?
• Is the paper innovative and does it show original thought?
· Is the paper cited and referenced as required by ?
Option 4: Research Paper
Utilizing at least five sources, complete a research paper on the juvenile justice issue of your choice. I am providing some topic ideas but you are free to choose any subject in this area, but you must have prior approval. Topics are first come; first serve so notify me your choice ASAP! The paper is required to be 5 pages in length (does not include the cover page nor the reference page)
The Mayflower Compact
The Magna Carta
The Supreme Court
The Federal court System
Georgia state court system
Development of Juvenile System
The Second Amendment
The Fourth Amendment
The Brady Act
The Elements of Arrest
Miranda v. Arizona
Escobedo v. Illinois
The Exclusionary Rule: Good Faith Exception
Protective Sweeps: Chimel v California
Terry v. Ohio