Please review the course objectives stated in the Syllabus. Conduct a of your learning in the course and how you personally have met each of the course objectives.
Your initial posting should be 400 words in length and utilize at least one scholarly source other than the textbook.
Course Learning Objectives:
After this course, you will be able to:
- Apply a knowledge base of community health nursing and to the development an educational project with a focus on illness prevention, health promotion and/or health maintenance of individuals, families and groups.
- Demonstrate use of information technology in data gathering and analysis of a community or a specific population group.
- Analyze a community assessment to plan a health teaching project that meets the needs of communities and populations
- Create an educational project that can be utilized by public and community health nurses to improve the health status and eliminate health disparities of individuals, families, communities and populations.
- Implement the planned teaching project to the selected target population.
- Collaborate with community partners to provide education designed to improve population health.
- Record and present evidence of the completion of each phase of the teaching project
Briefly summarize your project: How was the completed? Who was your target audience and how many were in the audience? What was your topic? How did you determine what your topic should be (justification)? How did you advertise your presentation? What did you use or provide to the audience? (Provide ID of yourself and action picture for proof.)
FYI: my coworker were my audience, it was 5 of them.
I did a poster board on Mental health
Explain how you would evaluate whether the efforts to improve the health concern were effective. Include in your explanation the tools you might use to do this evaluation. Also, critically appraise your performance of the activity/project for this population. How did the population respond? What aspects were you most satisfied/least satisfied with? What went well (at least 3 things)? What changes would you make in the future (at least 2 things)?
For nurses, reflection is integral to higher-level thinking. You should be able to critically analyze scenarios and possible outcomes as opposed to simply asking the right questions. Acute perception of the entire situation will be obtained because you are open to dealing with the contradictions that may challenge your initial bias. on how your perspective of the community’s health and the national, state, and local efforts toward a healthier population has changed as a result of your fieldwork. Discuss the health of the target community population compared to national, state, local health findings. Discuss how the interventions used would impact at the local, state, and national level (include information on your chosen Healthy People 2020 goals). Finally, what impact did your project have on your target population?