BCO225 CONSUMER BEHAVIOR Task brief & rubrics
Task – Final assignment: Consumer behavior strategic recommendations
Student must submit an individual report in which, after careful consideration and reviewing the specific topic, they provide strategic recommendations to a
company, based on consumer behavior theories and analysis, as well as identification of trends within that particular industry. The expected sections and table
of contents of this are:
• Introduction: Purpose of the project and key information for the company (no more than 300 words)
• Definition of the customers and their behavior: Addressing geographic and demographic segmentation and developing psychological and behavioral
• Key considerations: Factors that affect the behavior of consumers considering the profile given in the previous definition.
• Consumer trends: What are the current trends affecting the behavior of consumers? It is mandatory that you include updated information and
• Strategic recommendations: Considering the report that you have developed, and the information analyzed, recommend two strategies for the
company to implement concerning . Make sure that they are specific, the company should know exactly what to do and how to do it;
avoid using general statements or simply pointing out to strategies. Rather, fully develop them including all pertinent details and explaining why the
company should do these two actions.
Please beware that the quantity and quality of references are of the utmost relevance towards the credibility of your work, make sure you include in-text
citations alongside an appropriate list of references.
• Wordcount: 1500-2000 words.
• Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
• Font: Arial 12
• The in-text References and the Bibliography must be in Harvard’s citation style.
Submission: Week 13 – Via Moodle (Turnitin). Sunday 9th of May 2021 (23:59h Barcelona’s time).
Weight: This task is 60% of your total grade for this subject. It assesses the following learning outcomes:
• apply theories and models of consumer behavior to the of effective marketing strategy, sales and retail strategies, for marketing or consumer
• recognize new trends early in the field of analytics and consumer experience.
Exceptional 90-100 Good 80-89 Fair 70-79 Marginal fail 60-69
Introduction (15%) It is very clear from the introduction what the purpose of the report is and what the reader will be able to find.
Introduction includes all key aspects and presents the structure of the report in an adequate manner.
Student develops a fair introduction although some revisions may be needed such as including key aspects.
Student fails to develop a satisfactory introduction and this section is rather vague and/or does not meet the requirements of an introduction.
Consumer behavior assessment (35%)
Student demonstrates knowledge about consumer behavior and includes all pertinent aspects of analysis developed to an excellent extent.
Student demonstrates a good knowledge about consumer behavior and provides a good analysis.
Student includes key aspects of consumer behavior. The analysis needs further development in order to be complete.
Student does not include all pertinent aspects concerning consumer behavior and some important aspects of analysis are not included in the discussion.
Critical Thinking: recommendations
Student perfectly reflects on previous analysis and good references for developing the strategic recommendations, which are fully developed.
Student reasonably argues the included strategic recommendations, and both are developed to a good extent.
Student somewhat reflects on previous and briefly develops key recommendations, which should be further discussed.
Student fails to reflect on previous analysis to make the recommendations and/or both strategies are rather outlined than properly discussed.
Student communicates their ideas extremely clearly and in-text citations are adequately included in throughout the document and in the list of references.
Student communicates their ideas clearly and pertinent in-text citations are included.
Student communicates their ideas with some clarity and references are included to a satisfactory extent, although they need to be reviewed.
Student communicates their ideas in a somewhat unclear and unconcise way. References are not adequately included.