Objectives to be addressed are
- Analyze current and emerging technologies to support safe practice environments, and to optimize patient safety, cost-effectiveness, and health outcomes.
- Evaluate outcome data using current communication technologies, information systems, and statistical principles to develop strategies to reduce risks and improve health outcomes.
- Examine policies that incorporate ethical principles and standards for the use of health and information technologies.
- Apply knowledge of nursing informatics and technology to develop a proposal that will improve patient safety and/or the quality of care in a practice setting.
- Use information and communication technologies,
resources, and principles of learning to teach others.
- Analyze nursing history to expand thinking and provide a sense of professional heritage and identity.
- Understand other health professions’ scopes of practice to maximize contributions within the healthcare team.
- Use leadership skills to teach, coach, and mentor other members of the healthcare team.
9.. Articulate a personal philosophy and framework acknowledging professional and accrediting agency competencies relating to the role and scope of practice of the advanced practice nurse.